You can sign up to our network in three simple steps:
- Register for an account on Be Connected
- Fill in the Join the Network form
- Submit your form and start applying for funding
Join the network
The Be Connected Network is made up of community partners from around Australia helping to make a difference in the lives of digitally excluded people. There are over 3,000 Network Partners across Australia, from libraries to Men's Sheds, community centres to retirement villages, and computer clubs to cultural groups.
These Network Partners have access to a dedicated Be Connected website with information and interactive training tools and resources for older Australians, their families and peers, and local community organisations. A friendly face and non-judgemental support are always available when you walk through the door of any community organisation in the Be Connected Network.
Why join the Network
Organisations who join the Network have access to:
Support for your delivery
Promotion via our online map
A learner management system
Fantastic learning content
Help to find digital mentors
Help to market yourself
Training and resources
We will listen to your feedback and evolve the network offer based on your needs and the needs of the network partners across Australia.
To be eligible to join the Network you'll need to:
- Provide free and friendly support to help people use the internet
- Commit to helping at least three new people (seniors) per month.
- Keep yourself legal and protected - with accessible premises, public liability insurance, and police checks for Digital Mentors and volunteers.
And you must sign up to our Quality Promise
The quality promise is simple. It asks that every partner of the Network follows six simple promises to help every person who comes through the door to get online. These promises are:
- Everyone is given a friendly welcome.
- Everyone is offered a safe place to learn.
- Everyone is treated fairly with respect
- Everyone is given free help and support to use computers and the internet to gain basic digital skills.
- Everyone is provided with a clear journey so they know what skills they are going to be taught.
- Everyone is given advice on what to do next, including being signposted to progression opportunities outside of your organisations